The e-way bill (EWB) portal provides a seamless gateway to generate e-way bill (single and consolidated options), change vehicle number on the already generated EWB, cancel generated EWBs and many more…
E-way bills in EWB-01 can be generated by either of two methods:
1. On the Web
2. Via SMS
This topic covers the step-by-step process of generating the e-way bills on the E-way bill portal (web-based).
There are some pre-requisites for generating an e-way bill (for any method of generation):
1. Registration on the EWB Portal
2. The Invoice/ Bill/ Challan related to the consignment of goods must be in hand.
3. If transport is by road – Transporter ID or the Vehicle number.
4. If transport is by rail, air, or ship – Transporter ID, Transport document number, and date on the document.
Here is a step by step Guide to Generate E-Way Bill (EWB-01) online:Step 1:
Login to e-way bill system.
Enter the Username, password and Captcha code, Click on ‘Login’Step 2:
Click on ‘Generate new’ under ‘E-waybill’ option appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.Step 3:
Enter the following fields on the screen that appears:
1) Transaction Type:
Select ‘Outward’ if you are a supplier of consignment
Select ‘Inward’ if you are a recipient of consignment.
2) Sub-type: Select the relevant sub-type applicable to you:
If transaction type selected is Outward, following subtypes appear:
If transaction type selected is Inward, following subtypes appear:
Note: SKD/CKD- Semi knocked down condition/ Complete knocked down condition
3) Document type: Select either of Invoice / Bill/ challan/ credit note/ Bill of entry or others if not Listed
4) Document No.: Enter the document/invoice number
5) Document Date: Select the date of Invoice or challan or Document.
Note: The system will not allow the user to enter the future date.
6) From/ To: Depending on whether you are a supplier or a recipient, enter the To / From section details.Note:
If the supplier/client is unregistered, then mention ‘URP’ in the field GSTIN, indicating that the supplier/client is an ‘Unregistered Person’.
7) Item Details: Add the details of the consignment (HSN code-wise) in this section:
1. Product name
3. HSN Code
6. Value/Taxable value
7. Tax rates of CGST and SGST or IGST (in %)
8. Tax rate of Cess, if any charged (in %)
Note: On the implementation of E-way bills, based on the details entered here, corresponding entries can also be auto-populated in the respective GST Return while filing on GST portal.
8) Transporter details: The mode of transport(Road/rail/ship/air) and the approximate distance covered (in KM) needs to be compulsorily mentioned in this part.
Apart from above, Either
of the details can be mentioned:
1. Transporter name, transporter ID, transporter Doc. No. & Date.OR
2. Vehicle number in which consignment is being transported.
Format: AB12AB1234 or AB12A1234 or AB121234 or ABC1234
Note: For products, clients/customers, suppliers, and transporters that are used regularly, first update the ‘My masters’ section also available on the login dashboard and then proceed.Step 4:
Click on ‘Submit’. The system validates data entered and throws up an error if any.
Otherwise, your request is processed and the e-way bill in Form EWB-01 form with a unique 12 digit number is generated.
The e-way bill generated looks like this:
Print and carry the e-way bill for transporting the goods in the selected mode of transport and the selected conveyance.You can print the e-way bill anytime as follows:Step-1:
Click on ‘Print EWB’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ optionStep-2:
Enter the relevant e-way bill number -12 digit number and click on ‘Go’Step-3:
Click on ‘Print’ or ‘detailed print’ button on the EWB that appears: